Monday 14 October 2013

Ben Wheatley to Direct 2 Episodes of Season 8


Screendaily  have confirmed that Ben Wheatley - director of "Sightseers" and "Kill List" - is to direct 2 episodes of Season 8:
“I am very excited and honoured to be asked to direct the first two episodes of the new series of Doctor Who. I’ve been a fan since childhood (Tom Baker is my Doctor if you are asking),” Wheatley told Screendaily. “I’ve been watching the current run of Doctor who with my son and have discovered it all over again. The work that has been done is amazing. I’m really looking forward to working with Peter Capaldi and finding out where Steven Moffat is planning to take the new Doctor,” .
This is quite a coup for "Doctor Who" - and it's going to be very interesting to see how Wheatley's dark and macabre style will fit with the show, especially considering the early timeslots.

Screendaily also suggest that filming will begin in December:
Wheatley will direct the episodes for series eight through December and into the new year for transmission in autumn 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment