Being a British-based Doctor Who fan isn't exactly a bed of roses at the moment - we watch with envious eyes as other countries celebrate the 50th Anniversary of OUR show with Classic repeats whilst we sit here watching tumbleweed roll past... and let's not even mention the trailer debacle. Well, here's another thing to make you believe that the BBC really don't give a damn about the British fans. The much-awaited DVD and Blu-Ray boxset of the Complete 7th Series is to be released in the UK on 28 October 2013... more than a month AFTER it's released in the USA. A British programme...and the DVD is released overseas first. Yeah, thanks for that, BBC.
Anyway - deep breath - and please complain to BBC Worldwide about this - you can do that here: Contact BBC Worldwide - just don't hold out hopes for a quick or reasonable reply. EDIT - Please also phone the BBC Complaints line on 03700 100 222 and register your displeasure politely.
The boxset includes all Season 7 episodes plus the following special features (and I'm sure it only adds fuel to the fire that some of the special features focus on the USA):
- Audio commentaries for: The Snowmen, Cold War, Hide and The Crimson Horror
- "Prequels" for: Asylum of the Daleks, The Snowmen (x3), The Bells of Saint John and The Name of the Doctor (x2)
- Pond Life
- The Making of the Gunslinger
- Creating Clara
- Behind the scenes featurettes for every episode
- Additional featurettes: Doctor Who in the US, Last Days of the Ponds, The Science of Doctor Who, The Companions and Doctor Who at Comic Con
So - "The Doctors Revisted" - no sign of that. And also no sign of "The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe" which is, typically, on the US Boxset.
I have asked BBC Worldwide for comments and will update if they ever bother to reply...