Friday 24 May 2013

Jemma Redgrave talks about the Anniversary Special


Jemma Redgrave has been interviewed by What's On TV - mainly about her role as Doctor Evans in the new series "Frankie" - but the subject of the "Doctor Who" 50th Anniversary Special was raised:

Can you tell us anything about the 50th anniversary episode of Doctor Who? 
"If I tell you anything at all I'll have to kill you and then kill myself. I wasn't even allowed to tell my children I was actually in it for about four or five weeks! Once we filmed in Trafalgar Square I knew it would be impossible to keep that under wraps! But what do you do? I was going to work and not being able to tell anyone what I was doing! It was like joining bloody MI6!  
"What I can tell you is that it's absolutely bloody brilliant! I think it's an astonishing script. Stephen Moffat is an outrageously good writer and as always with Doctor Who, it's philosophical, it's deep, it's an adventure story and if you're a kid, you're going to be taken on an extraordinary ride. It raises all sorts of interesting questions for anyone who wants to go deeper with it. It's funny and then on a sixpence it breaks your heart. It's just wonderful!" 
Great cast - including David Tennant? 
"It's not bad!!! Yeah, it's a bit swish! I was dead chuffed when I got the call up..."
I must admit that I'm pretty chuffed as well that Jemma was asked to reprise her role as Kate Stewart...


No comments:

Post a Comment