Monday 23 July 2018

Merchandise Review - 10" 13th Doctor Adventure Doll


Well, this is certainly a lot better than I was expecting - sometimes the larger figures lose something in translation so to speak, unless, of course, you happen to be Big Chief Studios.  However, for an "Adventure Doll" that retails at £19.99, Character Options have done a bang up job.


The doll is packaged extremely well - with the figure held in by plastic tags.  Like most things now, it's not the easiest to get into - you'll end up taking a scissors to it (just be careful!).  There's a Tardis effect to the background and one side of the box has one of the Tardis doors printed there.  This is where my first grumble comes in (it's fine - I only have 2 tiny grumbles about this figure).  Look at the Tardis door on the side of the box:


"Assitance"?  Really?  As this is a review sample, then I hope this is changed prior to public sale.


The figure itself however, is truly excellent.  A really good likeness of Jodie Whittaker with care being taken over every detail - literally from the hair to the boots.  The hair has the "untreated roots" effect, the earring is there - and if you pull the coat aside, the gold braces are there too.  I think the coat is removable - but it's not easy - I actually got it about halfway off and decided to leave it as I didn't want to damage it. 


As for articulation - the head moves from side to side, the shoulders, elbows and arms all rotate.  The figure sits quite comfortably - and the knees and ankles are fully articulated too.  Unlike some figures, the 13th Doctor doll stands very well - probably due to the boots - and, on a bit of a wobbly shelf of mine, happily stayed firmly upright.


My 2nd tiny grumble - and honestly, I'm being really picky now because the figure is just SO good - is the Sonic Screwdriver.  It's all silver. - the orange crystal effect just isn't there.  See?  Told you I was being picky.

Essentially though - this is a cracking figure and £19.99 is, I believe, a very reasonable price for this.  Children will love it - and I honestly think collectors will too.

The 13th Doctor Adventure Doll is released in August - and you can pre-order it now for £19.99 from The Who Shop.

Thanks to Character Options for the review sample.







No comments:

Post a Comment