Wednesday 18 June 2014

Another Award for "The Day of the Doctor" and Keeley Hawes talks about Doctor Who


"The Day of the Doctor" won the "Best of British TV Programme or Series Award" at last night's Freesat Awards - I think the production office might need more shelves to accommodate the sheer number of awards won by the 50th Anniversary Special so far.

Another winner last night was "Line of Duty" and it's star, Keeley Hawes, spoke to The Independent about Peter Capaldi and her upcoming "Doctor Who" episode:
“We were in a terrible thing together years ago but a really, good fun thing.  So, I knew him and Douglas McKinnon who directed the first three episodes of Line of Duty was directing it, so I felt very relaxed about that.  But he’s just brilliant. Peter Capaldi is just fabulous – I think everyone’s going to love him.”
“It was quite nerve-wracking going on such a big show.  It feels like a big show because it is so well known and people love it so much, there’s a big old Who fanbase out there, so you’ve got all that pressure. I hope people enjoy my episode – it’s really good fun.”

No comments:

Post a Comment