Friday 16 May 2014

Injury Forces Matt Smith to Withdraw from SoccerAid


Matt Smith has released a statement via SoccerAid expressing his disappointment at having to withdraw from this year's tournament due to injury:
"It is with great disappointment that I will have to withdraw from this year's Soccer Aid as a result of injury. I have always wanted to play at Old Trafford, a personal dream, and was hugely excited to have the opportunity to support UNICEF. I do hope I will be invited to join Soccer Aid and UNICEF in the future and play football for such a good cause.
I really am so sorry to disappoint anyone whom may have bought tickets to see me play, I can't express my apologies enough, however I am certain this year's incredible line up will still entertain and most importantly continue to raise money for children all over the world." 
Looks like we'll have to wait until the next tournament to see him in action on the football pitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment